Are you wondering if your ERP is certified for a particular quality standard or industry-specific legislation (HACCP, FDA, REACH)? A recent article on IT Web Africa points out that it is not your ERP system that is certified for a particular regulation, but rather the processes and documentation your company establishes that get you approved.
Several important processes to consider are:
- Quality Management – define control plans, perform analysis and track results.
- Quality Assurance – support the compliance process by building a compliance plan, perform audits, non-conformance reporting and corrective and preventive actions.
- Document Management – safely store important documentation such as certificates, material safety data sheets, safety instructions and drawings.
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis – structured approach to quality in the design process.
- Batch and serial traceability.
- Calculation of environmental footprint.