A warehouse management system (WMS) makes it much easier to gain traceability throughout your warehouse. This is because a modern WMS uses new technology to track the movement and storage of materials and finished goods, creating real-time information about materials.
In the video below, we show you how this works using WiSys WMS for Macola. We follow the lifecycle of a lot number through the entire supply chain. We begin with receiving lot tracked raw materials, consume those in production to create lot tracked finished goods and then pick and ship the finished good. We then demonstrate the ease of tracing the history of a lot number anywhere along the supply chain.
Value of using WMS and bins
- Warehouse organization – provides logic to where you put things
- Know the actual quantities and location of inventory
- Validate inventory more quickly
- Add more directions
Value of using WMS and lots
- Items can be associated in groups
- Items can be reviewed by product age FIFO/FIFE
- Traceability from source to sale
- Quality systems
- Respond to audits quickly
Watch the video below to see how the WiSys Warehouse Management System uses bins and lots to make traceability easy.
Warehouse Management Solutions for SAP Business One and Macola Software
WiSys Agility solutions have been designed to achieve efficient Warehouse Management, Supply Chain Management and Inventory Management for SAP Business One and Macola Software customers. Contact us to learn more.