Starting an e-commerce business is easier than ever with all the platforms around. If only running the business and keeping track of all the orders could be as simple. By implementing an ERP system like SAP Business One, you can synchronize your e-commerce platform with the back office, physical storefront, or warehouse and view all the data in one place. SAP Business One does more than that, though.
It’s time to learn exactly how SAP Business One can help your e-commerce business thrive.
What is SAP Business One?
If you own a small- or mid-sized business or enterprise, you are going to need a fully optimized system to keep up with the competition. SAP Business One is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system that was designed for SMEs to streamline and automate various processes. With several modules and dozens of features, SAP Business One can integrate with a number of e-commerce platforms, including WooCommerce and Shopify, to make running an online store easier than ever.
How Can SAP Business One Help My E-Commerce Business?
Integrating SAP Business One has numerous benefits, including more control over your inventory and sales. You also get more insight into your inventory and customer relationships through automatically generated reports. Here are a few ways SAP Business One helps e-commerce businesses grow:
One of the major issues many small businesses have is redundant data entry. Rather than decreasing productivity with repetitive manual data entry, you can use SAP Business One to synchronize data between an integrated e-commerce platform and your physical business or warehouse. Common data is shared between the systems, reducing entry errors, order mistakes, and out-of-stock scenarios.
Superior Customer Service
One of the best reasons to integrate SAP Business One into your e-commerce platform is enhanced customer service and relationships. SAP Business One keeps all the information on your items, services, and customers in a database, so your customer service and sales team always have access to essential information. Since orders, sales, and inventory information is shared between your digital storefront and physical location, you eliminate circumstances that lead to dissatisfaction among your clients.
Enhanced Inventory Control
As you may already be aware, operating several systems to manage data makes the process far too intricate and confusing. Rather than run two opposing systems, streamline everything by synchronizing the data on your e-commerce site with SAP Business One. Changing prices, managing stock, generating pick-and-pack slips, posting payments, and shipping out orders is much easier when all of your data is found in one place and automatically updated.
Better Financial Management
Since financial data will automatically be updated within SAP Business One, you will have more insight into your profits and losses. Furthermore, because SAP Business One is available to everyone connected to the program, your accounting department will have direct access to all information immediately (without needing to enter the data themselves). This eliminates potentially costly financial mistakes, thereby leading to more revenue.
Key Features of SAP Business One for E-Commerce Businesses
It doesn’t matter if you are running a business on Magento, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Amazon, eBay, Shopify, or another e-commerce site. SAP Business One is a smart and flexible solution that adapts to your needs as your business grows and evolves. SAP Business One replicates the actions that take place on your e-commerce site, so every sales order, invoice, new lead or customer, quote, and product is recorded and accounted for.
There are many key features that allow for this to happen, including the following:
Store Business Partner and Customer Data
- SAP Business One takes customer information from your website and generates a list of Customers (Organizations) and Contact Persons. This is highly useful in a B2B scenario.
- Business Partners (Customers) can be assigned unique prices, batch/serial numbers, and more.
- Create user groups within SAP Business One for your customers that are used by the e-commerce platform for promotions, pricing, product availability, and marketing.
- Sending packing, shipping, and delivery information to the e-commerce site to trigger status updates and email notifications.
- Business Partners receive credit limits.
- Share details of either an organization or user between your back office and e-commerce site, ensuring your sales and customer service teams have all the information they need to assist customers.
Create Detailed Item Lists
- Place items into groups for group-specific pricing and discounts.
- SAP Business One can account for both non-inventory and inventory items. You can use non-inventory items for non-product services sold on your site.
- Use SAP Business One to differentiate between Raw Materials, Intermediate Items, and Finished Goods.
- Replicate detailed item lists and pricing within SAP Business One then deliver those details to your e-commerce site.
- Manage your inventory with labels, such as Stock, Committed (Sales Order), Ordered (Purchased). You can use a combination of these and reflect the status of products on an e-commerce platform.
Utilize A/R Reserve Invoicing
- Draft price quotes and sales orders within SAP Business One.
- Use A/R Reserve for Online Payments initiated through an e-commerce platform. You can then issue a delivery to begin the shipment process.
- SAP Business One actively tracks incoming payments and posts the receipt to the customer’s bank account.
- Assign sales returns, credit memos, and payment reconciliation (within the Amazon Marketplace).
- Create invoices and credit notes with SAP Business One then transfer those invoices to the e-commerce platform, where users can access those details through their account.
- Manage returns easily with SAP Business One. Once a return is raised within the system, a notification is sent automatically to the system and the customer, increasing communication.
If you want to avoid the common challenges of running an e-commerce business, you are going to need SAP Business One. Integrating an ERP system can eliminate areas where friction occurs, such as Inventory and Warehouse Management or the Sales Order process. With SAP Business One, you can automate item cataloging, order generation, and even enhance customer relationships.
Here at Wisys we have a proven track record for assisting businesses like yours with getting the most out of SAP Business One. If you want to increase customer satisfaction ratings and generate more revenue, then it is time to partner with Wisys. Give us a phone call today at 770-955-3530 to learn more about what solutions we have for you.