SAP Business One is an Enterprise Resource Planning system with amazing benefits for the manufacturing industry. Although SAP Business One was originally designed for small and mid-sized businesses, discrete and project manufacturing facilities can also enjoy this all-in-one solution. If you have been searching for a better way to run your facility and see more productive practices, then SAP Business One will be a welcome addition.
There are many uses of SAP Business One in the manufacturing industry, so let’s take a look.
SAP Business One Solutions for Manufacturing
Most small and mid-sized manufacturing businesses have similar struggles, such as using outdated or low-end software systems, or attempting to log data manually. Tracking goods and costs while using multiple programs introduces error, and you could end up, unfortunately, impacting productivity and efficiency. Since the success of your facility is reliant on productivity, streamlining the manufacturing process is crucial.
SAP Business one allows you to store bills-of-materials, warehouse and item descriptions, and track prices, production methods, pricing, and so much more. For manufacturing, SAP Business One also allows you to make standard or special production or disassembly orders.
Furthermore, you can fine-tune every part of the production process all from within the program. You never have to worry about manual data entry again. Once you have implemented SAP Business One, it will automatically track changes and adjust figures.
Benefits of the SAP B1 Manufacturing Module
Once you have implemented SAP Business One for your manufacturing facility, you will see immediately how it benefits you. Here are some of the benefits that you can expect:
- Keeping on-schedule: Fine-tune production and shipping so you can deliver on time, every time.
- Reduced preparation time: With enhanced strategies and insight from SAP B1 reports, you can optimize pre-production procedures and reduce the overall time.
- Customizable dashboards: Create robust dashboards that feature key information for quick viewing and better planning.
- Enhanced production: With the MRP wizard included in SAP Business One, purchasing, procuring, and producing are simplified. You can easily manage all materials needed for production. Set specific numbers within the customizable fields to simulate outcomes.
- More adaptability: One of the key features of SAP B1 is how quickly it can adapt to order changes and share data between locations, keeping the entire supply chain aware.
- Detailed and accurate quotes: Send quotes to clients automatically and track finances more completely with SAP Business One’s financial and CRM modules.
- Improved traceability: SAP B1 keeps tabs on stock, bin number, and ensures proper rotation. The system also lets you trace component and product sources, as well as expiration dates.
- Drive increased utilization rates: Enhance productivity and machine utilization. SAP Business One provides insight, analytics, and reporting that can help you improve facility efficiency.
SAP B1 for Project Manufacturing
Did you know that SAP Business One supports project manufacturing? With features designed for project management, you can align every area of an order or major project easily. You can easily design plans, quotes, estimates, and budgets within the program, and those can be shared to other locations or departments.
SAP Business One is a complete suite that helps you manage your business at the core. When you are a project-focused manufacturer, you will need the features that give you more control over inventory and warehouse management, finances, CRM, and services.
This is one flexible tool that will adapt precisely to whatever you need it for.
SAP B1 for Discrete Manufacturing
SAP Business One isn’t just for project manufacturing but for larger-scale manufacturing, as well. When you are part of the supply chain or are producing items that need to meet strict regulations, such as metal, glass, and plastics, you need a system that can enhance the overall production. SAP Business One is a flexible solution that can be customized to meet ever-changing regulations and internationalization.
SAP Business One Features for Manufacturers
Just how does SAP B1 support project and discrete manufacturing? Several features come standard in the ERP, including the following:
- Quality control: You can use SAP Business One to execute industry testing to ensure that materials meet standards.
- Pool controls: As the volume of work decreases or increases, you can utilize pool controls to make your facility and staff more efficient.
- Cost estimation: SAP Business One makes estimating and creating quotations easier. You can easily create custom order invoices and calculate the projected profits.
- Product configuration: Within SAP B1, you can locate a specific product and manage all the information. Any updates will automatically happen throughout the system, so no one has outdated information.
- Supply chain management (SCM): Using EDI-specific standards, you can create and control purchase orders and supply sales orders.
- Advanced planning and scheduling (APS): View crucial information, including lead times, material bills, transition periods, order times, resource availability, batch groups, and more.
Benefit from SAP Business One Today
Want better productivity? SAP Business One is an excellent solution for manufacturing businesses who want a 360-degree overview of every process. If you are looking to implement an ERP, consider SAP Business One. WiSys is here to help you through every step, from start to finish. Talk to us today to learn more about how SAP B1 can elevate your manufacturing business to new heights.